Friday, June 01, 2007

pfffff

well.... some people have complained that I haven't been posting for quite a while. There is a reason for that: nothing, absolutely nothing has happened during the last five days or so. And what has happended before is something that cannot be put into words.

I have spent way too much time on getting up. There have been days when I barely managed to come to my office before noon. But on the other hand, the reasons preventing me from working too hard are strong. After all, spring is around. Why should I spend the day in a lecture hall without windows?

At the moment things in Vienna are pretty weird. At least among my friends. We feel something like contentment, is that the word i am looking for? i am talking about zufriedenheit, innere zufriedenheit. Yesterday I have been out with Michi and Karin. And usually we do this in order to complain about our miserable lives. But yesterday, we figured out that - at the moment - things could be actually really worse. One could even say that we are doing pretty fine. And you know, guys, for Viennese this is an extremely strong statement. We had nothing - really nothing - to complain about.

And I am telling you this only two weeks after my 25th birthday. ohhh, maybe i should say something about birthday celebrations. well. i wasn't partying too hard. getting old. we went to see a capoeira performance. unfortunately it was awfully crowded and i found out that capoeira angola looks like capoeira in slow motion. all in all not too thrilling. the rest of the evening we spent in fluc, where we met andi, as well. and that's it. i figured out that rumours in krems spread even faster than i could imagine.

One reason for these weird good feelings is of course the positive answer about the financing of my phd-project. Can you believe it? I will have an income for the upcoming two (eventually three if needed) years.

The worries about my future are fading as well. I think I will inscribe for a postgraduate programme from October on. International Relations, I guess. If other plans fail, I can apply for jobs at international organisations and do something good for man kind, hehe.

Smiles to everybody.... I think at the moment I can even share my contentment with the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home